Report on celebration of GANIT Week
Mathematics is the queen of all Sciences. It is the foundation for all realms of analytical knowledge. In order to commemorate the 128th birth anniversary of Dr. S. Ramanujan, GANIT week was celebrated at St Anthony’s Sr Sec. School, C-6, Hauz Khas, New Delhi.
Various activities were conducted to enable the students understand different concepts of Mathematics in an easy and playful manner. The class-wise activity details are as under.
- To make a model of a clock to understand “time”
- To make a figure from cut outs of flat shapes.
- To identify names of solid shapes in day to day life.
- To express Roman numbers artistically.
- To express fractions by shading and pasting method.
- To arrange Rubik’s cube as fast as possible.
- To complete Sudoku puzzle in the shortest possible time.
To make symmetrical designs using colours
- To make a square root “Spiral” to appreciate fascinating aspects of Maths
- To Understand Properties of circles by cut & paste method.
- To make a cone from sector of a circle
- & XII To make e-Presentations on related topics.
The event was highly productive and helped students develop interest, analytical abilities, concentration & co-ordination in challenging situations.
Coordinator (Mathematics Dept)
St. Anthony’s Sr. Sec. School,
Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016