SAFETY MEASURES FOLLOWED BY
ST. ANTHONY'S SR. SEC. SCHOOL,
HAUZ KHAS, NEW DELHI
- No one is allowed entry into the school without verification. Entry into the school premises is allowed only after prior verification and entry of personal details and purpose of visit is mentioned clearly in the register maintained by the guard on duty.
- Parents/strangers are not allowed to walk around in the school premises unless when required to do so, that’s during scheduled PTM and functions only.
- No drivers and conductors are allowed access into the school building.
- The school is maintaining a record of all drivers and their vans. Parents are also instructed to keep all details of their ward’s drivers and vehicles.
- Van drivers are instructed and cautioned periodically about safety measures to be kept in mind and to be strictly adhered to.
- It is ensured that the support staff is employed only from authorized agencies and proper records are maintained.
- All support staff are constantly monitored and their presence is restricted to the place of duty.
- The supporting staff have their own separate washroom.
- The school campus, including all washrooms are electronically secured by 92 cameras, covering all the areas 24x7 and it is regularly monitored.
- Grills have been installed on each floor of the school building.
- No access to the terrace of the school building is possible.
- No child is allowed to leave the school premises unless escorted by one of the parents along with an exit card.
- Children are at all times under the watchful eyes of the school staff.
- Basic medical assistance is provided to the students, such as first aid for minor injuries and in case of emergencies, the parent is informed and the student is immediately taken to Orthonova Hospital, which is appro. 500mtrs away from the school.
- Our school conducts regular mock drills for disaster management and teachers are also trained on such issues.
- Fire extinguishers have been installed on all floors.
- Harmful chemicals are safely kept away locked in the cupboard.
- All manholes and tanks are covered and secured well.
- Speakers have been installed in all classrooms to make necessary announcements.
- The school has constituted separate committees such as RISK MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE, GRIVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE, DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE and SAS CHILD PROTECTION COMMITTEE.
- Police verification has been done of all working staff in this Institution.
- Details of these committees have been displayed on school notice board and on the school website.
- Instructions have been issued to Hauz Khas PS for safety audit of the school.
- Life orientation seminars and workshops are conducted for students.
- Counseling sessions, including personal counseling is provided to the students whenever necessary.
- A neat, clean and safe environment is provided for the healthy all round development of each child.